If you suspect child neglect or abuse
SPEAK UP! 24 Hour Help Line -
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
In case of emergency Dial 911.
Our Children’s Advocacy Center staff includes advocates that are trained as Darkness to Light facilitators. This training is available in your community for any group who is interested. From teachers to faith based groups, or youth sports clubs to community organizations, it is all of our responsibility as concerned citizens to do what we can to keep children safe.
Call us (989-358-3564) to schedule a training for your group or organization.
For more information on Darkness To Light, read more below or visit the website at www.d2l.org.
Darkness to Light
What are the Outcomes?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences, and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills to help adults prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Positive change to organizational policies and procedures.
Individual empowerment through a personal prevention plan.
What are the Distinctive Features?
- A 2-part DVD presentation integrating commentary from sexual abuse survivors, experts in the field, and other concerned adults, all providing practical guidance for preventing and responding to child sexual abuse.
- An interactive workbook designed to facilitate discussion, reinforce key concepts, and serve as a resource guide and personal action plan for protecting children.
Interactive discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and how they affect communities and youth serving organizations.
Attention: Due to the sensitive subject matter of this training, mature audiences are advised. We ask that all participants be 18 years of age or older, as explicit sexual language will be used throughout the training.